Installing qE is very easy, you should be able to open your site in less than five minutes. This information also applicable to: Kemana Directory & Cart Engine.
- Download your qE from C97.net, eg. qe v3.5.zip
- Depending on your server configuration, you can either:
- Upload the zip file using an FTP program, and use your server's file manager to extract it.
- Or, extract the zip file in your PC, and use your FTP program to upload it one by one.
- You also need to make sure your files & folders have the right permissions:
- All folders & files should be 0644 (read only)
- With exception all files & folders under /public folder must be 0777 or 0755 (writeable) — including the /public folder
- The following is optional:
- Folder /admin/backup should also be 0777 or 0755, if you want to do database backup using ACP (otherwise you can use phpMyAdmin)
- File /admin/module/admin_menu.xml should also be 0777 or 0755, if you want to install/uninstall modules
- Go to your site, eg: http://www.example.com
- You will be prompted:
If you have just installed qEngine, please delete the "install/" folder on your server before using qEngine v3.5 (build 2010.03.03). Or click here to install qEngine for the first time.
- Click the "Click here" to begin installation.
- Pick "New Installation", and follow the next section information.
- If you are upgrading from old version of qE, pick "Upgrade".
Filling The Form
- Fill the form fields, they are quite straight forward.
- Fill Table Prefix. You can install several qE under one database using different Table Prefix.
- Fill Secure URL if you want to use qE's secure URL capability. You need dedicated certicate, not shared certificate.
- After filling all fields, click Submit.
- After the next step, that may be three outcomes:
- Failed, you may miss some information, please return and try again.
- Success, you are done, you can use qE immidiatelly.
- Partial Success, you are done, but qE can't save configuration, follow the on-screen information on how to save the configuration manually.
- Before using your new qE, be sure to remove or rename the /install folder.
Securing Admin Panel
- You can increase your web site security by renaming your admin panel folder.
- Rename the folder from /admin, to anything else, eg: /mysecretlab
- Edit /includes/db_config.php, change the following value:
$qe_admin_folder = 'admin';
To the new folder name, eg:
$qe_admin_folder = 'mysecretlab';
Posted On: Mar-05-2010 @ 12:00am
Last Updated: Jan-18-2018 @ 05:37pm