Installing Kemana is very easy, you should be able to open your own directory site in less than five minutes.
- Download your Kemana from C97.net, eg. kemana_v1.0_r20090704.zip
- Depending on your server configuration, you can either:
- Upload the zip file using an FTP program, and use your server's file manager to extract it.
- Or, extract the zip file in your PC, and use your FTP program to upload it one by one.
- You have also need to make sure your files & folders have the right permissions:
- All folders & files should be 0644 (read only)
- With exception all files & folders under /public folder must be 0777 (writeable) — including the /public folder
- The following is optional:
- Folder /admin/backup should also be 0777, if you want to do database backup using ACP (otherwise you can use phpMyAdmin)
- File /admin/module/admin_menu.xml should also be 0777, if you want to install/uninstall modules
- Go to your site, eg: http://www.example.com
- You will be prompted:
If you have just installed Kemana, please delete the "install/" folder on your server before using Kemana v1.0 (build 2009.07.04). Or click here to install Kemana for the first time.
- Click the "Click here" to begin installation.
- Pick "New Installation", and follow the next section information.
- If you are upgrading from old version of Kemana, pick "Upgrade".
Filling The Form
- Fill the form fields, they are quite straight forward.
- Fill Table Prefix. You can install several Kemana under one database using different Table Prefix.
- Fill Secure URL if you want to use Kemana's secure URL capability. You need dedicated certicate, not shared certificate.
- After filling all fields, click Submit.
- After the next step, that may be three outcomes:
- Failed, you may miss some information, please return and try again.
- Success, you are done, you can use Kemana immidiatelly.
- Partial Success, you are done, but Kemana can't save configuration, follow the on-screen information on how to save the configuration manually.
- Before using your new Kemana, be sure to remove or rename the /install folder.
Posted On: Jul-08-2009 @ 07:00am
Last Updated: Jan-01-1970 @ 07:00am